Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Temptations

I was sitting simplyy in front of my computer, browsing through the various templates trying to find one I like(how is this btw?), when my one and only sis rang me up. She stays in a flat nearby. She needed greenchillies, and she suddenly remembered I worked part time as groceries-delivery gal.



me: "ippo thanne veno"? ( need it right now?)

sis: " grr" (yes.NOW.)



sigh. templates can (should) wait. I ran down, checked the fridge, found the target, acquired it, and rushed out through the door.

Then I remembered.

I was not wearing any chappals.



Now that IS a big problem. I just need to get to the first floor of the flat, and that I can do in a jiffy. But the situation demanded that i should go upstairs, er.."find" my chappals( which probably require the FBI on the job) and then run downstairs. Given my absentmindedness, I will probably forget the chillies, then I will again have to go "find"where I put the chillies, then having found it,I will probably forget what I was supposed to do with them. so I will return them to the fridge , go back to the template hunt. Not good for my health.



so I figured it was healthier if I just proceeded. as I was walking, I noticed something. So many pairs of shoes and ..... ladies chappals.

LIFESAVERS.

now, a guy looking at the scene will probably(aha!) will drool over the fact that there are many ladies at the other end of the door. Now, we, ladies have more important things to consider.



size 8. flat heels. nice colour.
size 9. wow big feet!
size 7. platform heels. good colour, matches with my salwar. eureka!

I looked here. looked there. no one in sight. red monster on one side. the white one on the other.

red one : " go on. its just a block away, you will be back in a jiffy. no risk involved."
white one: " you just moved in. don't you dare get into the neighbour's blackbook. Just think . its good for the brain."

the white has a point. I just don't need my neighbours to put up a sign saying : "beware of the damsel next door. leave footwear out at your own risk."

time was running out.

tick-tock. tick-tock.

Suddenly,the door opened. The aunty smiled at me. Woman's intuition maybe, she left the door ajar. I was saved from the confusion.

Left with no other choice,I sighed, ran downstairs, delivered the loot. Came back. don't worry, took a bath. Am now clean.

sigh.and I came this close.

should get new shoes.ASAP.

p.s. No,its not just you. people do wonder whether i am crazy. after a few more posts, the opinion changes to "weird." Dont worry, it will be a while when you realise the genius in me. I can wait.

yawn.

9 comments:

DPhatsez said...

will you be waiting for eternity?

(...)
(...icy glare...)
Why is it so cold in here suddenly?

--xh-- said...

the template fever bite you too? dont just pick and choose one, make one of your own - it is very easy and it is good fun :)

and as for chappals, i always knew that the neighbor aunty have a secret lens fitted on her door to watch you. How do you think she just came and then left the door ajar? ;-)

B. said...

So..u din give into the temptations...Im shocked..:P..

Yet..cant stop laughin at the fact tht the aunty left the door open..."woman's intuition" it is...

Better Luck Next Time...plenty of time 2 get in2 the Bad Book of neighbours... ;)

totalliemeh said...

@ dphat

hmpf.i doubt whether you will be around till eternity. ;);)

@xh
sigh and struggele once again with comma's and dots and semicolons? no thankyou.
we define good fun in enirely different ways brother!!!

@bugsy
me too. thats a first.
yup. loads of time to get into the blackbook. and once i do, they need to change their blackbook every once and now. my name will fill the entire book.
hey am i on urs?;)

Destiny's child... said...

lol...u r so like me!
loved reading it...lol

Anonymous said...

lol... well, nw we know why we al like u.. the red one s definitely wats gettin u all the admirers... weird is good, weird is different...

And very cute puppy u got on da header... wats hs name?

Amal Bose said...

you have a really good style of writing. enjoyed reading it.

chef mithu said...

u nearly got a punch from tat lady.. haha :)

moral : better use chappals at home :P

Shanu said...

Lol..that was awesome...reminded me soo much of me...err.. not the stealing the chappals dilemma part...but rather the chillies/chappals confusion part :)