Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thanksgiving....

I have noticed the tendency of assigning a birthday to one's blog, and have one post dedicated to the "Happy b'day dear blog" topic. Very cute when it comes to other blogs. But wherever I am concerned, I guess I make it such a way that Everything is about ME, not anything else. Its my birthday that counts. not my blog's. *evil grin*

Still, the fact remains, it is almost a year since i started blogging. It just seems like yesterday. I still remember, I came back from my dentist's, no one was at home, it was two in the afternoon. I was hungry, and in pain. There were horrible braces, springs on my teeth, which besides hurting me like mad, was also...ugly. I shouted at my poor dad who rang up to see whether i was ok..

I still wonder why I thought of a blog amidst all the confusion. Weird. Even by my standards, the thought was pretty weird.

I am surprised. Surprised that something has sustained my interest for one year. Now thats a first. considering all those things I tried to indulge in, nothing has come so far.

Dance- 2 years

Music- 2 years

(does not count, as it wasn't my interest that pushed me to actually continue the two processes.My sis is a great dancer.. ofcourse, I did everything she did. But even though I do not think I will start studying dance and music again, I know that I will not lose my interest in it..Am still a great fan of classical dance and music)

Guitar-7 months ( ROTFL)

Drawing-2 months

my interest dies down soon..so one year..IT IS A BIG DEAL.

Its been good. I met some very interesting people on the blogosphere..even made some friends. (that is rare!) I quit orkut for some reasons months ago, and the blog's been my only online correspondence. I guess I have grown quite fond of my blog.

Even though not a big success, I think everything went quite smooth..hmm..nice.:)

I was going through my previous posts, and comments, and I am happy...And I am in a mood for thanks giving...wonder if people will sit through reading the rest..I know I wouldn't. I mean, unknown people thanking unknown people, giving cryptic messages in between. Not my idea of fun. *sigh*. But i know now why people do that..

I am not mentioning the obvious, like my kindergarten teacher who taught me to read and write, my mom and dad and sis and bro-in-law for getting me a computer( the first two) and reading it(the other two). And the Microsoft and the Explorer and eblogger and all the computer people. And Charles Babbage and Bill gates, and Edison and Einstein and HCL and intel pentium mcps and the lot.

the not so obvious people. in that order itself.

1. My dentist. *snort* *chuckle* Very few people have their dentists to thank for their blog..haha..funny. still. I owe you a lot!!!! For my teeth, as well as my blog. ;)

2. Jay- for being the first person to comment on my blog. It was encouraging. Thankyou.

3. Appuannan- although unknowingly, you were the one who put the idea into my head. You introduced me to my favorite bloggers(which include yourself too). I know you read my blog. Thankyou for not making fun of it..:) you were great! Thankyou. afterall, you are family. i am bound to have some of your qualities,right?

p.s. write more!!!!

4. Binsy- My favourite follower..Your comments are like glucose- boost combination for me..I know you love my blog. Not just like, but love. your responses are really sweet..YOU are sweet..Thankyou soo much kiddo!!

5 .chef mithu- Hmm..I soo love the way you think it is your right to read and comment on every single blog post of mine. You have patiently endured my naggings to comment, and actually "read" before commenting. You are my PRO, rt?;) got many readers for my blog...no thankyou for you. It was your duty. *shrug*

6.Sree- for being just you. for not showing any surprise whatsover over the fact that i came up with a blog. Your attitude was like-"its about time". Loove you a loTT!!. btw, lazybones, comment okay!

7. destiny- for knowing the right dose of encouragement. coming from you, it means a lot,being a great blogger that you are..:)

8. xh- you are always the first to comment. i like that.

9. hamish- I don't have a role model when it comes to blogging(or anything) but i guess your blog still stands the best among all the blogs i've read,closely followed by silverine's. I dont know why I am thanking you, you have absolutely nothing to do with my blog, but still, it is a great pleasure to read your blogs. and you remain the only one who has actually pointed out my unforgivable grammatical errors. Thankyou.

thankyou all, who read this far, and also who might be commenting on the post. The strangers, who don't even know my name, but still care enough to comment-thanx a lot!!!

12 comments:

DPhatsez said...

uhh..happy anniversary?

(blink blink...)

B. said...

Thanksgiving post ...very sweet. It ws like an Oscar thanksgivin Speech...luv u ...keep bloggin...Im very sure u'll stick to this way longer thn the other interest..I'll make sure u do... :P :))...

--xh-- said...

wow, thnxgiving time, eh? Congratz on the 1st b'day.. keep blogging - ur blogs r fun to read :-D

conFused. said...

It wont be long before I get myself into that list I suppose. Your blog did make a very interesting read. :)

Lena said...

congratulations and just keep blogging... its kinda addictive :D

hammy said...

:) Happy Anniversary.

Just for the record... I may not be a regular visitor (I'm not regular in just about anything) but I do read most of your posts when I can. Usually read a few at a time.

I'd be more regular if my work allows me. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

nice and different post. happy anniversary.!!!.keep blogging.i am celebrating my death anniversary in blogging too..lol...strange that u started blogging in a uncomfortable position(i mean..after visiting a dentist)...so,u are a guitarist...i am so fond of guitarists..

totalliemeh said...

@ ALL

hey no happy anniversary crap!!! i just successfully finished one year of blogging. bring on the congrats!!

@dphat
what a lousy comment :p

@ binsy

ofcourse,i call u bugsy for a reason!:) mmuuah!!


@ xh

thankyou.:).i know that as a fact!

@confused!
that was a heartwarming comment. thankyou, and welcome to the blawg!!

@lena..

addiction? *gulp*
hehe..thank you!!

@hammy

hey i know.. no problem. thankyou.

@georgii

nope. no guitars for me. the ROTFL was written for a purpose k. hmm..maybe i think my guitar chronicles can be made into an another blog post!!
(brightens up) thanx for giving me ideas!!!:)

Anonymous said...

well it prompted me to read a few of ur earlier posts.. so i went ahead and picked a few random ones...
and left comments here and there in a few places...
dats my anniversary gift for you!


keep writing, and have a wonderful year ahead! :)

totalliemeh said...

@ onethoughton

FINALLY!!!!!
ppl,u read this? THIS is what i call a gift!! thankyou soo much girl. as a frind of mine says, YOU ROCK!

Destiny's child... said...

"being a great blogger that you are"
damsel...! :o..i am speechless, trust me, i am somewhat jealous of your blog. not somewhat...absolutely, in fact!
[i dont believe in flattery. period. so u got to believe me]

wishing not just ur blog, but also u, a very very very very very , looooooooong and healthy n fulfilling and exciting life on the blogosphere....:)

Shanu said...

Wow...I hope i sustain my interest in bloggin long enuff to thank u for being one of my first followers..trust me it means a lot!! :)